BABYS BAG ALL READY FOR D-DAY!
So this is it, 24 days till due date & both me & baby have our bags ready to grab when the time comes and were having to go up that hospital!
In all honesty, I found this bag easier to pack than I did my own! I went through a few youtube videos of ‘whats in babys hospital bag’ & had my own little list ready to pack it all.
Ive got it all packed in my beautiful Babybeau Isabelle Tote Changing Bag which you can click to see all about it!
I don’t expect to go in and be home within a few hours, I expect to stay for at least one night. I have however packed enough for a 2 night stay, if it turns out to be longer then daddy can bring more clothes and bits down as we are only up the road from the hospital.
Heres what I’ve got for the little man…
- A cute little elephant comforter, this is something nice for him to have while we are in hospital. – The little white company
- Blankets, I love baby blankets! These 2 are the newest to my little collection i have going on and they’re perfect for the hospital. The white one is a nice cable knit for his cot & the blue one is a thin blanket I thought would be ideal to wrap him in when being held. – Junior J @ Debenhams
- Muslin Squares, these are handy for nearly everything. – Asda
- Bibs, who knows? I may have a sicky, messy drinking baby lol – Asda
- Vests, Ive packed 5 plain vests to go under his sleep suits. It is nearly summer here in the UK but still so so cold! – Asda
- Hats, these are a must have for the hospital. Babys still need a hand keeping their temperature up once they leave that nice warm womb! – Next & Mothercare
- Sleep suits, 4 sleep suits which I sort of planned on him wearing 2 a day. One for sleep and one for the daytime.
- Coming home outfit, an outfit for that special day coming home
– Cardigan – Mothercare
-Sleep suit – Mamas & Papas
- Pampers Nappies, some hospital do provide nappies but I’m not sure if mine does. Either way, I would prefer to use my own.
- Naty Nappies, I had a few sample nappies of these and they could be perfect for his first few days/hours so I want to try them and see how I get on with them.
- Water wipes, Ive heard nothing but good things about these so I have stacked up on them. They are 99.9% water 0.1% fruit extract. I don’t really want to be faffing around with cotton wool and water when I’m bound to a hospital bed and a unhappy baby. – Most Supermarkets & online
- Nappy Sacks, for those stinky nappies! I also thought they can be useful if there are any accidents on his clothes and I can pop it in one those fresh bags!
- Baby Toiletries
Sudocrem care & protect, a small sample of sudocrem to protect his little bottom forgetting sore.
Johnson’s top to toe wash, I hope to give him a little wash if he’s messy once he arrives. – Emmas Diary Pack
Johnson’s Baby Oil, this is good for babys dry skin! – Emmas Diary Pack
Carex Antibacterial Hand Gel, Anyone touching baby will be using this! Including myself. Don’t want any nasty germs around do we? lol
Ive planned all his outfits from the first one he will wear to what he will wear coming home to which ones he will sleep in. Each have a matching hat & bib.
I love this! Its so perfect and cute! The Cardigan is from Mothercare & the sleep suit is from Mamas & Papas which I got for £1! Back when they had the easter event on they had a ‘spend £30 get a £15 e voucher back offer’ We got baby his carseat when this offer was on and I was emailed a voucher for £15 a few weeks later. I was well chuffed haha. The little hat I think is from Next. – I can’t wait to bring him home!
Some mums may see this and think oh my god, why so much stuff!? Even though I’m not a first time mum it feels like it when it comes to things like this. Jayden came so early and I wasn’t prepared with hospital bags and things I needed. I may only use half the things I’ve packed but at least its there ‘just in case’ haha! – Ive noticed I say that a lot when it comes to posts like this lol!
Hopefully this helps some of you mums to be with packing your own babys hospital bag.